This project is read-only.

Newbie: Do I have to have VS2010 installed first before I install VS2015 XNA into Windows 10

Dec 15, 2015 at 6:02 PM
I am a bit confused on how I can get the XNA runtime into my new Windows 10 environment. VS2010 is no longer available, which is the disappointment at all my XNA development. [Monogame is OK, but the pipeline still too unreliable for converting .x and .fbx assets reliably]

So the possibility of recreating XNA builds, or at least a reliable XNA pipeline in VS2015 under Windows 10 is exciting. But I am not clear on how to deliver the prerequisistes or where to get them form :
  • I can no longer get access to vS2010, or a installation to run on Windows 10 ?
  • Where and how can I get a new DirectX without destroying my existing W10 DirectX
  • I don't understand how to get Xna Framework 4.0, Game Studio 4.0 Platform Tools, etc without access to VS2010
Sorry for the newbie questions, it just isn't clear to me.
Dec 16, 2015 at 12:15 PM
OK saw the video, and realised that all the dependent Installations are packaged up within the Zip download package. Just had to download the VS2015 package, unzip, and the ReadMe make it clear the install order, with the packages all available in the zip.